Many companies and individuals conduct business by contract or on credit. However, there are some occasions when a previously reliable client turns into a debtor who does not pay or a dispute arises causing delay or an even default. When you experience this in your business, it is time to take corrective action.
If you are dealing with a delinquency, or default, it’s in your best interest to find what remedies are available to you. The firm’s litigation attorneys serve numerous corporate and small business clients in contracts and collection disputes, which often times result in litigation. The firm’s Civil Litigation department provides legal services in the following areas:
- Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act defense
- Demand letters/Collection letters
- Civil suits for debts owed
- Writ of Garnishment – most often used to attach wages and bank accounts.
- Writ of Execution – used to levy on the debtor’s property to satisfy the debt
- Investigation, property, and employment location
- Enforcement of domestic obligations including property division, child support, and maintenance
- Breach of contracts litigation
- Corporate shareholder litigation
- Property rights and boundary line litigation
- General civil litigation
Rahmati Law Firm is located in Huntsville, Alabama and serves the entire state of Alabama, as well as Tennessee. For more information or to speak with one of our attorneys call (256) 533-2002.